Your privacy is important to us. It is JP Auto's policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, https://jpauto.com/, and other sites we own and operate.
We only ask for personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used.
We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service. What data we store, we’ll protect within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We don’t share any personally identifying information publicly or with third-parties, except when required to by law.
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services.
Your continued use of our website will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, feel free to contact us.
This policy is effective as of 8 April 2020.
Personally Identifiable Information or "PII" means information that can be used to identify You as an individual, for example:
• Your name, company, email address, phone number, billing address, and shipping address
• Your jpauto.com user ID and password (if applicable)
• Credit card information (if applicable)
• Any account-preference information you provide us
Anonymous Information or "AI" means information and data that does not, by itself, permit the identification of an individual, for example:
• An IP address
• Device identifying information
• Browser identifying information
• Operating System information
• Date and time
Your contact with Us, and the information which You Provide and / or We Collect from You can generally be classified as follows:
Whether You are a customer of Ours or not, We collect AI, including data about Your visit and how You browse, information about the device, operating system and browser You use, Your network connection, Your IP address and the date/time stamp for Your visit. If You are a customer of Ours, we will also collect data about how and when You access Your Account. We use this information to see which areas are most visited, which helps Us improve the quality of visitors' online shopping experiences by recognizing and delivering more of the features, services and products which Our visitors prefer. We may also use this information to provide You advertising or marketing information.
The registration of an Account requires You to provide certain Personal Information, including a full legal name, current address, phone number, a valid email address and certain other information indicated as required. If You choose to purchase from Us, You will also be required to submit a credit card/debit card number, expiration date and security code, which information will be encrypted and stored on Our secure servers and passed - in an encrypted form - to Our payment processing Partner for payment.
Phone or Text:
If you call Us or send Us a Text message, your telephone number and call audio / text transcript will be recorded on Our secure servers. This information is only used to respond to your Customer Service inquiries, and for training to enhance Our Customer Service, and for no other purpose.
Email or Chat:
If you email Us from a form on Our Site or from an external source, or open a Chat on Our Site, You may provide PII, and we collect AI. This information is only used to respond to your Customer Service inquiries, and for training to enhance Our Customer Service, and for no other purpose.
Our use of PII and AI:
We do not sell, rent, trade or otherwise receive valuable consideration by providing Your PII or AI to third parties. We will not use any PII or AI we collect from You to contact or market to You without your permission. We will only use or disclose any PII or AI in the following circumstances:
• as necessary to provide the Services to You
• in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that Your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations)
• as required by law, or based on our good faith belief that it is necessary to conform or comply with the law
• to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential
• to a successor organization in the event of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or other sale or disposition of all or a portion of Our assets
• as necessary to enforce Our Terms of Service
• as necessary to protect Our rights, safety, or property, Our users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction